Monday, August 20, 2012

An Alternative To FHA With Much Lower MI Rates...


  
FHA is a beautiful loan program, but if you asked me what I don't like most about it I would have to say the monthly MI rates have creeped up.

The monthly mortgage insurance factor for FHA is now 1.25%.

A viable alternative to FHA with much lower monthly mortgage insurance is a little used conventional program called My Community.

My Community only has a 3% down payment (compared to 3.5% with FHA).

The monthly mortgage insurance factor for a 97% mortgage is only .18% (compared to 1.25% with FHA).

The monthly mortgage insurance factor also goes down on My Community as the loan to value ratio is lower. ...Where FHA charges 1.25% no matter what the initial LTV on a 30 year mortgage.

My Community will also go down to a 620 credit score!

...Something to think about if you are looking for a low down payment, and low monthly MI program!
 
That's it for today! 
  
Have a good day today!  ...and thanks for reading.
  
Brett
 
  
To see if you qualify for a mortgage right now - CLICK HERE  and fill out this simple application.

To sign up for my weekly mortgage quick tips - CLICK HERE.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment